Saturday 30 June 2012

Look Beauty Eye Brightener Pencil | Review



Over the past week I've learned that it is essentially impossible to find a flesh coloured eye liner on the high street. If anyone knows where they are hiding, please comment below!

Of course, the concept behind these is that lining your water line with a black pencil makes them look smaller, so lighter colours open them up and make them look bigger and brighter. A few years ago I attempted to make this look work with a white pencil. Ouch. It didn't look natural in anyway and I quickly gave up.



Recently, I've been searching for one. Failing everywhere I looked, I went to Chanel. I had read that they did a really good one. But my local counter didn't have it. I was doomed.

Then, in Superdrug, as I was about to give up on my quest (and life), I spotted this. There was only one left, and no tester. Looks like people have been grabbing these up. They were also half price and a mere £2. I quickly grabbed it.


It is by Look Beauty, which I have never used before. It is not an area of Superdrug that I gravitate towards. I've not read any reviews about them so have no idea if they are supposed to be good or utter rubbish. They had some interesting-looking products though, so I might have to revisit.



This is called a 'Long-Last Liner.' I don't expect anything to last long on my waterline. But this lasts nicely. But that isn't overly important to me.. you can reapply throughout the day pretty easily, right? I was more concerned about the colour. Thankfully, I've found this to be a really natural colour, perfect for opening up your eyes. It is well-pigmented and creamy, so gets my seal of approval.



It also comes with a smudger on the end. I have no idea what the technical word is for such a device. So a smudger it shall henceforth be called. I will never use this. And I don't think it's very suitable for this type of eyeliner, which is probably just going to be used on the water line. But I can see how this would be useful with darker colours which you might line other parts of your eye with! It definitely saves carrying an extra brush around with you.

Left eye has eyeliner on, right one does not. Can you see a difference?

If you're looking for a flesh coloured eyeliner and like me have so far had a doomed search, check this one out.

Available : Superdrug, £4 (half price at £2 right now)

16 comments:

  1. Ooh! I have never even thought about a flesh coloured pencil before.. I agree that white can look a bit unnatural! Ah, I'm so glad you found this and shared! I want one! haha
    Rach xx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to buy a lighter eyeliner. But, you're right, your eyes do look really open. Of to Superdrug I go :) xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Love for superdrug has grown after finding this. Boots was just rubbish :( but yes, I do think they help to brighten the eye a little bit x

      Delete
  3. I've been trying to find a cheaper high street flesh coloured pencil for ages!! Haven't seen this brand in my local Superdrug though :( I will keep my eyes peeled for this! xx

    http://allthingsbrightandbootiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ridiculously hard to find. I literally looked at every single brand in boots and superdrug. They need to sort it out :( I don't think I've seen Look Beauty in that many superdrugs actually. Annoying! X

      Delete
  4. I bought a white pencil a few months ago, used it a handful of times and just wasn't liking it so I stopped using it, but this looks like it could be interesting. Good find! x

    beautyimaginarium.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely difficult to make look natural! I find the white pencil can be useful for inner corner highlight, if you blend it nicely. But eek, white everywhere isnt a great look! This is definitely a more natural-looking alternative :)!x

      Delete
  5. That looks great, I need to try it!
    I nominated you for the leibster blog award:) Go to my blog for more info!
    I really hope you do it and I can't wait to see your version <3
    MissJammyxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I will definitely check it out. Thanks. X

      Delete
  6. Looks greats!
    xx
    http://beautybyt2.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good product, especially for the products x

      Delete
  7. I love the colour, I hate white eye pencil just look so unnatural! I'll defiantly check it out!
    xx-B
    http://thegreyclover.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know. White is just not a great look! X

      Delete
  8. wow for the price how can u go wrong! i also love how its not white! i hate the way that looks! great detailed review


    http://misscitychic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's such a bargain :D .. Especially because there seem to be no others on the high street x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and comment on my little old blog. I endeavour to return your kindness and respond to all of your lovely comments.