Tuesday 3 July 2012

No 7 Nail Varnish in 'Stand Back' | Review

Unfortunately, for my pocket and my nails, this is not going to be a positive review. It's obviously nice to write about things you love. But my hatred/disgust for this is compelling me to write. Of course, it's also useful for people who are considering buying this. All I will say is 'DO NOT.' Barry M do a dupe called 'Cyan Blue' (see swatches here), so if you want the colour, but not the horrible formulation, opt for that.

But why the hate?..

First off, the application is horrible. It is thick and somehow feels dry. It drags when you try to paint your nail. Horrible.

But.. it does dry quickly.

The bottle is also a nuisance. If this was a good product, I wouldn't care so much,  but it isn't. The bottle has a long neck, so each time I dipped the brush back in the bottle, it came out with no product on. I kept underestimating the length of the neck which had no product in. Not a major thing, but I'm adding it to my campaign of hate!

So, once you've struggled to get the product on the brush, and ensured you have enough of it, to prevent that horrible 'dragging' feeling, you are then left with a pretty uneven coverage. Two more coats later, you think you're safe.. but you're not. The NEXT DAY, I went to add a top coat. My nails had dried over night, yet when I applied the top coat, the nail varnish stained the brush and it went all streaky. I have never had this happen to me before.

STREAKS
And honestly, this wasn't the worst of it. In the following 24 hours, SIX of my nails some how peeled off and were I was left with bare, ugly nails.
I used a base and to coat and this still happened in 24 hours. In those 24 hours, I was not working on a farm or any other form of manual labour.. so WHY? :'(
I am SO disappointed in this product. The actual price of this nail varnish is £7, which is perhaps why my hopes were high. For that price I could get two Barry M Nail Paints and something from MUA. Obviously I only paid £2 with a No. 7 voucher, but even that feels like daylight robbery. In the past I've been a big fan of the Collection 2000 nail polishes as they have a great colour selection and I really like the formula. They cost £1.99. If Collection 2000 can make a decent product for £1.99, why can't No. 7 for £7?

There is, perhaps, a silver lining. I read a blog post about this polish which said the quality did not compare to other No. 7 polishes. I hope this is true. So I'm not going to say "DO NOT BUY ANY NO. 7 NAIL POLISHES. EVER!!!" but "DO NOT BUY THIS ONE!!"

Or, maybe you've tried it and really liked it?

14 comments:

  1. This is rubbish! It's such a pretty colour too. I have some No.7 polishes and they apply loving and last for ages so hopefully this is just a bad colour to choose xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know, because they did have some really nice colours.. WHY DID I GO FOE THIS ONE? Whoops x

      Delete
  2. yikes i'll be be sure to stay away from that one. thanks for the heads up!

    http://theparisianpout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avoid like the plague! Ha, might be exaggerating. But I wouldn't recommend it! X

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the heads up!
    xx
    beautybyt2.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo. It's always good to read about things people hated as well as what they loved so you don't end up buy g crappy stuff! X

      Delete
  4. Wow! that is a really awful nail polish haha! I have actually had the issue with top coats making nail polish streak before when using a couple of my No.7 ones.. hm
    I have the dupe for this from Barry M, and it is a good formula!
    Thank you for the warning.. I hate when I spend No.7 vouchers and the products are not as good as hoped - it seems a waste of a voucher!
    Hope you find something soon to bring you back to happy land Rachael!

    rach xxx
    rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the Barry m one is better. It's way cheaper so a win win! Ah my poor no7 vouchers, I weep for them :'(. Think I'm going to go shopping tomorrow so hopefully I will return with good things! X

      Delete
  5. I went to buy one of these polishes the other day, so glad I didn't! Thanks for the warning haha xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phewie. Apparently some other colours are a lot better, but I definitely cannot recommend going for this one! X

      Delete
  6. aw, that sucks, cause it looks like such a nice colour! lovely review though. x

    -vintagewalls
    loretta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weep. I know :( love the colour but never mind! X

      Delete
  7. this is disappointing, the colour is so beautiful. Thanks for the review :)
    xx-B
    http://thegreyclover.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and comment on my little old blog. I endeavour to return your kindness and respond to all of your lovely comments.